Badminton America League Terms & Conditions
Waiver and Release of Liability
- Risk Factors. The undersigned understands and acknowledges that the use of equipment, facilities and services provided by Bellevue Badminton Club DBA Harbour Pointe Badminton Club (“the Club”) (intramural, sport clubs, physical sports, weight and cardiovascular training, dance, aerobics, swimming, badminton and any other programs and services sponsored by the Club or its associated involves risks such as, but not limited to, the following which might result from the use of equipment or facilities, from the activity itself, from the acts of others, or from the unavailability of emergency or emergency medical care. Risk of property damage, bodily injury and possible death.
- Assumption of risk. The undersigned assumes all risks that arise out of the use of the equipment of facilities, the activity itself, the act of others, or the unavailability of emergency care, including but not limited to, those risk factors described in section 1 above.
- Acknowledgment of polices and procedures. The undersigned acknowledges reading and knowing of all the policies and procedures relating to the activities, facilities, and/ or equipment and understands that the safe and proper use of the facilities, equipment or participation in the activity is dependent upon carefully following such policies and procedures.
- Prerequisite skills and training. The undersigned acknowledges that he or she has the requisite skills, qualifications, physical abilities, and training necessary for proper and safe use of the equipment and facilities and to participate in the activity itself. The undersigned agrees that if he or she has any questions as to what skills, qualifications or training is necessary to properly use the equipment, facility, or to participate in the activity itself, then they shall direct such questions to the appropriate staff member on site.
- Release & Waiver. The undersigned releases the Club, the officers, employers, agents of each, contractors, and agrees not to sue them on account of or in conjunctions with any claims, causes of action, injuries, damage, cost of expenses arising out of the activity, including those based on death, bodily injury or property damage whether or not caused by the acts, omissions or other fault of the parties being release. The undersigned waives the protection afforded by any stature or law in any jurisdiction to provide that a general release shall not extend to claims, material or otherwise which the person giving the release does not know of or suspect at the time of executing the release. This means, in part, that the undersigned is releasing unknown future claims.
- Indemnify and defend. The undersigned agrees to indemnify and defend the Club, officers, employees and agents (hereinafter jointly referred to as “indemnity”) of each, against, and hold them harmless from any of all claims, causes of action, damage judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees which in any way arise form the activity or this agreement which include but are not limited to damages to or destructions of any property of the indemnity, of any other, injury or death of the undersigned or anyone else or any liability arising from the act or negligent act of the indemnity, the undersigned or anyone else.
- The undersigned agrees to pay for any or all damages to any property or indemnity caused by the undersigned either negligently, willfully, or otherwise.
- The undersigned enters into this agreement for himself/herself, his/her heir, assigns and legal representatives.
- Emergency Treatment Consent. The undersigned, as a participant in the subject to activity, hereby consents to medical treatment in a medical emergency where the undersigned is unable to consent to such treatment.
- The undersigned understands that the Club and its auxiliaries do not carry participant insurance. The undersigned is encouraged to have a physical examination and to purchase health insurance prior to any and all participation.
- The undersigned has read and understands this agreement and realizes it relates to surrendering valuable legal rights and does so freely and voluntarily. The undersigned also understands and agrees that a copy of this waiver and release can be provided at signing upon request.
The Badminton America Leagues are managed using online software created by Badminton America at http://ratings.badmintonamerica.net/. In order to participate in the Badminton America Leagues, league results will be posted online including player’s first name, last name, city, state/province, zip code as well as a player rating generated by Badminton America. This requires the Badminton America Leagues to create a player account for each participant on Badminton America Ratings if the player does not already have an account. The Badminton America Leagues will not sell or distribute your contact information to any third party without your consent.
Participants must be 13 years of age or older as of the start date of the league in order to participate in the Badminton America Leagues. Each Division may have additional registration requirements that must be met in order for a team or individual to be eligible to participate in the league. Players must honor registration deadlines or agree to pay any late penalties associated with late entry if applicable.
Late Adds: If the registration deadline has already passed and a team wishes to add a player that has not yet registered, they may register as a Solo Player and the captain of the team that wishes to add them must contact the league admin. Players may be added late before the third week of a season provided there is space available. After the third week no late adds will be permitted.
Players must provide their own rackets and non-marking indoor court shoes. There is a $100 fine if a player’s shoes are found marking or damaging the courts, and that player will be asked to change shoes or step off the court. Rackets can be rented for $2 per day, and limited sizes of shoes are available at $3 per day with a state-issue ID. Shuttles/birds/shuttlecocks will be provided by the League.
Payment may be submitted with cash or check in person at either the Harbour Pointe Badminton Club or Bellevue Badminton Club locations, or online through our payment portal hosted by Bellevue Badminton Club Inc. Checks from Corporations may be mailed to the Harbour Pointe Badminton Club at 3616 South Road Bldg. D, Mukilteo, WA 98275, postmarked before the registration deadline.
For Team Captains: The team captain will register the team and submit the entire balance of the team’s league fee. The captain is responsible for payment of the League Fee, and the rest of the team may reimburse the captain using whatever means the captain chooses. We recommend services such as Paypal, Venmo, or Chasepay where you can send a charge to your teammates for convenience. Payment must be submitted by the registration deadline or placement into the league will be forfeited. Late registrations will not be accepted. In the case that you agree to add a solo player to your team before or after the registration deadline, the solo player will pay the league directly and you will not need to collect any payment from solo players.
For Teammates: Teammates who have joined a team that already has a captain must reimburse the captain for their portion of the team payment. Please communicate with your captain in a prompt and efficient manner as they have volunteered to take on the responsibility of organizing the team.
For Solo Players: Solo Players will register and not pay until their status is confirmed by the League Admin as either being placed on an existing team, registered as a substitute, or having a new team created consisting of Solo Players. If a Solo player is placed on a team, they will pay the league directly for the whole season. If a Solo player is registered as a substitute and is asked to play for a given week, they will first pay $15 in league dues, plus $17 per week they participate in the league as a substitute. If a solo player is being added to an existing team after the start of the season, they will be required to pay the full league dues of $115 less $17/week they have missed.
Refunds and Late Payments: If a team captain fails to submit the total team payment by the registration deadline, a late fee of $25 will be added to the league dues. If a Solo Player fails to submit the total payment for the season by the start date of the league a $10 late fee will be added to the league dues. If a team fails to pay before their third league match they will be disqualified from the league and withdrawn from all remaining matches. If a team chooses to withdraw from the league before the registration deadline they will be issued a full refund less a 5% processing fee. If a team chooses to withdraw from the league after the registration deadline, but before the first league match is played they will be refunded 80% of the total amount paid. If a team chooses to withdraw from the league after the first league match is played, no refund will be issued. Please do your best to honor your commitment to play the league as others are counting on you! If you are in need of players we can work with you to add players to your team.